Good to know
So that we get on well …
Let us of course hope that we can greet you at your planned date. Should you still be forced to cancel your booking, you can do so until 12:00 on the day of arrival free of charge . In case of late cancellation or no-show, 90% of the rate for the first night including VAT will be charged.
You can move into your room by 3 p.m. at the latest. It would be great if you checked out by 10:30 a.m. on the day of departure and returned your room key to the reception.
Cancellation or reduction must be made in writing.
The legal situation when ordering a hotel room
- If a hotel room is ordered, agreed or made available at short notice, a guest accommodation contract has been concluded.
- The conclusion of the guest accommodation contract obliges the contractual partners to fulfill their mutual obligations for the entire duration of the contract.
- The innkeeper is obliged to keep the room ready according to the order.
- It is the guest’s obligation to pay the price for the time (duration) of the provision of the hotel room
- If a guest does not use the ordered hotel room, he remains legally obliged to pay the price for the agreed hotel service without it being due to the prevention. Only actual savings of the company have to be deducted.
- Experience has shown that the company saves 20% of the price for bed and breakfast, 30% for half-board agreements and 40% for full-board agreements.
- If the innkeeper can otherwise allocate the unused room, the guest is under no obligation to pay the amount of the income otherwise achieved for this period.
- The innkeeper is entitled to cash payment for all services prior to departure and, accordingly, a legal right of lien on the guest’s items.
- The place of jurisdiction is the place of business, since even if the room is not used, the services from the guest exception contract must be provided at the place of business.
Source: Dehoga Landesverband Niedersachsen
Lower Saxony Hotel and Restaurant Association in Dehoga e.V.